The 3 Vallées
The largest ski area in the world
When you stay at our hotel in Val Thorens, you’ll be able to set off with skis on your feet and explore the 3 Vallées, the largest ski area in the world!
The Trois Vallées in Savoie incorporates a total of eight ski resorts, linked with one another by a network of lifts and one-of-a-kind pistes.
The eight resorts that make up this ski paradise are Val Thorens (the highest part of the 3 Vallées), Courchevel, Méribel, La Tania, Brides-les-Bains, Les Ménuires, Saint-Martin-de-Belleville, and Orelle.
Here are a few key facts about the 3 Vallées area, which are sure to make you want to get your snow jacket on and come and join us:
• 600 km of directly connected pistes, from beginners’ slopes to dizzying passes
• 169 modern and high-performance lifts
• More than 2100 snow machines: 1/3 of the ski area is equipped with artificial snow
• Minimum skiable altitude: 1300 m / Maximum skiable altitude: 3230 m
• 85% of the ski area situated at an altitude of 1800 m or above
• 321 Alpine ski pistes: 51 greens, 132 blues, 106 reds, 32 blacks
• 120 km of cross-country pistes
• 25 peaks accessible, including 10 above 2500 m, and 6 glaciers
• 35,000 hectares of nature and 62,000 m of cumulative incline
• 2000 instructors from the ESF ski school
• 1 high-speed station serving TGV, Thalys and Eurostar trains (40 direct trains on Saturday)
• 2 altiports (Courchevel, snowploughed in winter, and Méribel)
• 1 helicopter station (Val Thorens)